The Engineering of Surfaces for Creating Composites and Laminates
Description of photos
1. Close-ups of GripIts. The tips upper two have been lowered the lower one showing overhang strength.
2. GripR tools create rows or rings of GripIts.
3. Circular pattern of GripIts surrounding a bolt/rivet hole.
4. Bonded with Epoxy to demonstrate non-catastrophic peel strength.
5. ThermHex® Polypropylene honeycomb core material FireWelded between GripIt skins.
6. Hollow sphere composite core welded between coated GripIt Aluminum.
7. Component labels for the YouTube video
8. Powder polyethylene (PE) melted onto GripIt Aluminum skins then thermally welded to PE tubing stub cores.